Friday, October 2, 2009

The Johnson's are moving

So here we are... on another chapter of life. I love this journey of life!

I love that the journey is cyclical and not linear. I love that it is beautiful, ugly, crazy, sane, disgusting, wonderful, happy and sad. It is both wild and calm.

If there is one verse in the Bible that I have clung to over the years it is, "A man's mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure."

There have definitely been seasons in the journey where I have questioned this verse but so far it has proven itself true.

So, the next chapter means that we are moving to Jacksonville, Florida (closer to the Holy Land, aka "The Swamp"!).

I have been offered a job that would position me to make a significant amount more than my current job. God knows with three daughters and a wife, I need to make all I can. :-)

Mar is extremely excited about the opportunity and the girls have mixed emotions... but overall we are happy about this next stage in life. That is not to say that we will not miss the friends and family that we have here in Oregon!

I came to Oregon over 6 years ago amid non ideal circumstances... I thought I would never like it here and yet... I am saddened thinking that I won't get to deal with the winter road ice... wait.. that is a joke... I won't miss that at all!

All kidding aside... The last 6 years have been a time of restoration and vision casting. I will miss the beauty of Oregon and I will miss her people.

Most people are excited about this but the number one question I have fielded is, "What will this mean for your work on Human Trafficking?"

I have spoken extensively with the founders of Transitions Global and we are all looking at this move as a positive! We will be expanding our reach into the South Eastern States.

I have been researching Human Trafficking in Florida and believe me... there, unfortunately, is much to be done!

So, it might be a couple of weeks until my next blog... but I will be sure to post once I get settled in!

Much Love and Enjoy the Journey!
Seth

1 comment:

Diana Scimone said...

Seth,

We welcome you and your family back to Florida! The Florida Coalition Against Human Trafficking has offices around the state. (I'm sure there's one in Jaxville.) Hope to meet up with you at some of the meetings.

Diana Scimone
Director
The Born2Fly Project
Stopping child trafficking...setting kids free to soar
www.born2fly.org
www.dianascimone.com